What Causes Broken Pipes?
You rely on your plumbing system everyday to provide you access to clean water. Clean water is essential for you to go through with your daily routines, such as washing the dishes, doing the laundry, and personal hygiene. It is important that you keep your plumbing system in good condition so that it will continue to function efficiently. However, your plumbing system will not last forever and problems are bound to occur.
Your water pipes are vulnerable to various plumbing issues because it has to withstand high pressure water in different temperatures. A broken pipe is one of the major plumbing issues you could face as a homeowner here in Penrith.
What causes broken pipes?
- Age: Old water pipes have a higher potential of bursting. This is caused by the water acidity that could cause pipe corrosion. It is important that you have a professional plumber inspect the condition of your water pipes regularly, especially if you live in an older house.
- Irregular maintenance: Regular maintenance is key to ensuring that your plumbing system is in good condition. Having a professional plumber regularly inspect and your plumbing system will allow you to detect even the smallest plumbing issue and have it repaired before the problem gets worse.
- Temperature: If you live in colder areas, your plumbing system has a higher risk of facing this problem. Frozen pipes occur when your pipes are exposed to cold air and the water turns into ice. This adds additional pressure to your water pipes which could cause it to burst.
- Blocked drains: If you have a blocked drain, the water will not be able to flow smoothly down the pipe. The water will then accumulate and apply extra pressure to your pipes.
- Tree root infiltration: Your pipes that are located underground could be damaged by the tree roots surrounding it. Your pipes will not be strong enough to withstand the pressure applied to it by persistent tree roots. If your water pipes are standing in the way of the growth of tree roots, the tree roots will not stop growing. Instead, it will constantly apply pressure to it, causing it to burst.
To save yourself the trouble of having to deal with broken pipes, reach out to Penrith District Plumbers to perform a thorough inspection of your plumbing system. They will be able to detect any plumbing issue that you may not have noticed and perform the necessary repairs to make your plumbing system good as new.