Signs That Your Pipes Are Worn Out
You rely on your plumbing system daily to provide you with clean water. Without proper maintenance, your water pipes can wear out. When your water system is not functioning effectively, it will affect your daily routines and increase your water bills. There are various signs that you can look out for. Below are some of the indicators that you have worn out pipes.
Signs of worn out pipes:
- Dripping: Dripping water from your faucet is normal when it was just recently shut off. However, if the dripping continues for a prolonged period of time, reach out to your local plumber for an inspection.
- Mold: Ignoring water leaks could cause mold to develop around your house. You may notice the musty smell of mold despite having thoroughly cleaned your home.
- Stains: Worn out pipes can lead to water leaks, which will then cause stains on your walls and ceiling.
- Discoloured water: If your water pipes are starting to rust or decay, the colour of the water coming out of your taps will appear yellow or brownish.
- Tube corrosion: Tube corrosion can be caused by idle copper pipes or the high acid content in your water. If your pipes appear to be flaking, it is an indication that you will need to have your pipes replaced.
Worn out pipes is something that should not be ignored. If you notice any of the above signs, reach out to Penrith District Plumbers. They will assist you by performing a thorough inspection of your plumbing system and quality repair services.